Officers, Pastors & People: Our Officers / Pastors
In June 2014, Colonels Lindsay and Lynette Rowe returned from service in The Salvation Army’s Tanzania Territory to become officers/pastors of Oshawa Temple.
Spanning more than 40 years, the ministry of the Rowes has extended far and wide. For 23 years they served as corps officers in Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta and Newfoundland and Labrador. Other appointments included:
- Kingston, Jamaica, where they were commanding officers and Lindsay was also on the adjunct staff of the College for Officer Training;
- staff members at The Salvation Army’s training college in St. John’s, N.L.;
- corps officers at Peterborough Temple;
- divisional leaders in Bermuda;
- divisional leaders in South Africa, where they were instrumental in reopening the Army’s work in Namibia after a 65-year absence;
- divisional leaders in the Mpumalanga/Swaziland Division;
- chief secretary and territorial secretary for women’s ministries in the Caribbean Territory;
- territorial leaders of the Tanzania Territory, with Lindsay serving as the territorial commander and Lynette as the territorial president of women’s ministries.
Lynette and Lindsay have two children: Cheryl (Terry) and Shannon (Jessie). They also have three grandchildren: Abigail (15), Cameron (12) and Mackenzie (4).
Lindsay holds a BA honours degree in religious studies from Memorial University of Newfoundland, where he was awarded the university medal for academic excellence in religious studies, and a master of divinity in educational ministries from Tyndale University College and Seminary in Toronto. He is also a graduate of the executive leadership program from Simon Fraser University in Vancouver.
In her relaxing moments, Lynette enjoys crocheting, reading, singing and songwriting, playing the piano and guitar. In his free moments, Lindsay loves reading and jogging.
Lindsay and Lynette are both life-long students of the Word. They are totally committed to Jesus Christ and to the mission of The Salvation Army. Their greatest joy is serving Him and the people for whom He died!