Bait Of Satan
Sunday Night Teaching Series
The Bait of Satan By John Bevere
Offense is the bait of Satan. It imprisons countless Christians, causes church splits, severs
relationships, and renders a person powerless and miserable. God deeply desires to rescue you from
this deadly snare. He wants to reveal His truth to you and heal you from the pain of the past. Jesus
said, “It is impossible that no offenses should come.” (Luke 17:1). Although you will encounter
offense, you can choose how you will react.
- What will I learn? You will learn to escape the trap of Satan’s lies: hurt, anger, outrage, jealousy, resentment, strife, bitterness, hatred, and envy. You will confront your internal truth and learn that forgiving and letting go of offense will set you free.
- When does it run? A total of 7 sessions will run Sundays from 6:30-8:30 pm beginning September 29, 2019 (session dates and summaries on below). Don’t worry if you can’t attend all 8 sessions…better to come to some than to none.
- What to expect: Together we’ll watch the video teaching in the Sanctuary, then break off into small groups for discussion, reflection and activity. Established small groups will stay together.
- Is there a cost? Interactive Study Guides are available for $10 each and can be shared. Payment is due on the first session September 29th.
- Can children come? This teaching series is appropriate for ages 13 and up. The Senior Youth Group is planning to participate watching the video with the adults then breaking into their own small youth discussion group (not mixed with the adults). Child Care will be provided for kids 12 & under.
- How do I register? Complete Registration Form ONLINE or physical, naming all those attending, ordering your Study Guide and indicating if you will need Child Care. Drop your form into the office mailbox no later than Sept 22nd, 2019.
The Bait of Satan Summary of Teachings
- Video Teaching #1 - Massive Offense This week focuses on the condition of our hearts, our expectations, dealing with wrong thinking, and pursuing oneness.
- Video Teaching #2 - How Could This Happen To Me? This week focuses on trusting God in the middle of mistreatment, believing He’s present in our difficulties, cooperating with His correction, and holding tightly to our dreams.
- Video Teaching #3 - My Father, My Father! This week focuses on fearing the Lord, cultivating godly character,
- honouring our leaders, and abiding in God’s love.
- Video Teaching #4 - How to Handle Unfair Treatment This week focuses on staying confident in God’s ability, letting Him be your Defender, blessing your enemies, and planting seeds of love and mercy.
- Video Teaching #5 - Escaping The Trap This week focuses on the price of forgiveness, the need to forgive, what it means to take the high road, and growing in God’s grace.
- Video Teaching #6 – Reconciliation This week’s focus is putting on humility, exercising spiritually, seeking reconciliation, and pursuing peace.